Visit rome and you want to know how to do it Do you see the most interesting things? To move smoothly you have to plan the trip and organize everything in the best possible way, to see the most important places to visit and live an unforgettable experience.
So this is what you should do:
1. Choose the correct route
With a Rome map you don’t need to depend on one tourist guide and you can choose the itinerary. The best thing is to see monuments, churches, historical buildings, museums and other must-see places that make this city unique in the world.
Thanks to the wide availability of public transport, present in all parts of the city, you can move without any difficulty and travel far and wide without problems, even with children.
You can make some splendid walks through the center of Rome, to admire views that take your breath away from some strategic points and breathe the beautiful atmosphere of the nightlife until late at night.
Here are some things not to be missed in Rome that you can include in an itinerary:
- San Pietro, Santa Maria Maggiore
- Piazza Navona, Piazza Venezia, Piazza di Spagna, Piazza Campo de Fiori
- Colosseum, Pantheon, Ara Pacis, Roman Forum, Castel Sant’Angelo, Vittoriano
- Trevi’s Fountain
- Vatican Museums, Capitoline Museums
- Spectacular views from Trastevere, Gianicolo, Pincio
- Villa Borghese, Villa Torlonia, Villa Pamphili
- Via Condotti, Via Margutta, Via del Corso
- Orange Garden, Keyhole, Tiber Island, Municipal Rose Garden
- Underground Rome, Savoy refuge, Maecenas auditorium, Mussolini’s bunker
- Pincio water clock, the magic door, little house of the owls
Therefore insert in yours travel itinerary all the places you would like to visit, so as not to risk losing the most characteristic places in the city.
2. Choose the right accommodation for you
If you are looking for a accommodation in Rome you have a wide variety of solutions to choose from. With family or friends, you can choose the accommodation that best suits your needs and budget. Here are some suggestions on where to sleep in Rome:
- hotel – These are relaxing accommodations where you can take advantage of the half-board or full-board formula.
- Holiday homes – ideal solution for a holiday with friends or family
- Apartments – Ideal for longer stays
- Hostels – convenient and comfortable, they are suitable for passersby
- Resource – Ideal formula for a relaxing and fun stay as a family or as a couple
- Villas – suitable for a stay of certain charm
- Farmhouses – suitable for nature and animal lovers
- Bed and breakfast – Perfect solution to secure breakfast and spend the rest of the day outside
If you are looking for a Bed and Breakfast in Rome you have many options: you will surely find the perfect b&b for your needs, from the ones in the center to the suburbs and in line with your pockets.
In Rome you will find bed and breakfasts suitable for all needs, different in price and geographical location, but all capable of guaranteeing excellent services and maximum availability.
3. Choose what to eat in Rome
In a city like Rome to find what to eat certainly not difficult and there are many typical roman dishes linked to the local culinary tradition to taste.
You can savor the goodness of pasta alla romana or bucatini all’amatriciana, or tasty seconds like the saltimbocca alla romana or the coda alla vaccinare, not to mention the desserts. They offer delicious delicacies such as wine donuts or Maritozzi with cream.
If you love the fast food you will find many places where you can enjoy hamburgers, french fries, hot dogs, meatballs, fries in oil and the Pizza, have you forgotten? The capital reserves the best pizzas such as marinara, margherita, capricciosa, four cheeses and much more.
4. Understand how to get around in Rome
Would you rather take a walk or get around by public transport? In Rome you will find a wide range of means of getting around the city or getting to the surroundings. To go from one part of the city to another you can go by bus, metro or tram.
If you prefer to go to machine don’t forget the ZTL area and the alternate license plates: learn and respect the ordinances to avoid incurring high fines.
The city is also well organized with the shared car, but if you are looking for a way to respect the environment you can move with it segway, a two-wheeler with low environmental impact.